long-acting reversible contraceptive (larc) training program
The Focus Forward Oklahoma program has developed a no-cost training program on contraceptive counseling and LARC procedure skills. This LARC Training Program is a partnership with the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (OUHSC), the University of Oklahoma Tulsa (OU-Tulsa) and the Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences (OSU) and is aimed at providing the knowledge, resources and skills providers need in order to offer the full range of contraception to all Oklahoma women.
This training program is for Oklahoma providers, created and taught by Oklahoma providers.
The training program is currently available to:
- Family planning providers (MDs, DOs, PAs, CNPs and CNMs)
- Family planning clinical support staff (RNs, LPNs and MAs)
Upcoming training dates:
- Saturday, February 9 – Oklahoma City, CSETC
- Saturday, March 9 – Tulsa, OSU
- Saturday, April 13 – Oklahoma City, CSETC
- Saturday, May 11 – Tulsa, SCOUT
- Saturday, June 8 – Tulsa, OSU
Enroll in training:
Training locations include:
- Oklahoma City at the OUHSC Clinical Skills Education & Testing Center (CSETC)
- Tulsa at the Simulation Center OU-Tulsa (SCOUT)
- Tulsa at the OSUCHS Clinical Skills & Simulation Center (OSU)
In July 2019, the training program will expand to include administrative support staff (Managers, Coding/Billing, Reception, etc.). Registration for administrative support staff opens in March 2019; check back here for more information.